Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Why Do You Need Insurance for Your Boat or Personal Watercraft?
You’ll enjoy the water ever more when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you’re in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it’s on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
The Personal Watercraft Policy Covers:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Guest passenger liability
- Medical payments
Things to Consider and Questions to Ask Your Agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?