Vision Insurance Information
The Basics of Vision Insurance
Vision Insurance is a type of health and wellness plan designed to reduce your costs for routine preventive eye care (eye exams) and prescription eyewear (eyeglasses and contact lenses). Some vision plans also offer discounts on elective vision correction surgery. It is very important to understand that Vision Insurance is usually not included in their standard Health Insurance plan. If you would like Vision Insurance, it is a separate policy you will need to purchase on top of your Major Medical plan.
Why is Vision Insurance Important?
Eye exams are just as significant to your overall health as dental visits and annual physicals. Vision insurance provides patients with access to quality eye visits where eye care professionals can have the opportunity to detect and treat eye problems before they become major issues.
What to Discuss With Your Agent
Before buying a Dental Insurance Policy, be prepared to discuss the following with your agent:
- The services that the policy covers, and the specific limits for each kind of procedure.
- The specific frame and contact lens allowance, and how often the plan will pay for them.
- What network will be best for you based on your geographical area and existing doctors?
- How much is the premium and how often do I need to pay it?
- What is your financial situation, and what kind of Deductibles and co-pays will you be comfortable with?